We are excited to welcome back patients with a focus on health, safety, and the exceptional care you’ve come to expect from us
To help keep our community safe, our practice temporarily closed mid-March in an effort to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. In alignment with local and federal recommendations and guidelines, we have reopened to continue providing our patients with stellar cosmetic medical services. Like everything else, our world and our office are different, perhaps forever changed.
We are seeing patients in the office and are scheduling surgeries here at Hedgewood, Childrens’ and Ochsner-Baptist. The changes in our routines, for your safety and ours, are as follows:
- We will wear masks and will ask you to as well. If you don’t have one, we’ll give you one.
- When you get to our office for your appointment, stay in your car and call us and tell us you’re here.
- We’ll call you when the exam room is free and cleaned and you can come in and go straight to your room.
- We’ll wipe down every surface in the exam room with disinfectant after every patient.
- We’ll ask every surgery patient to get a COVID test two days before their surgery and to carefully self-quarantine from then through their surgery.
- Family members won’t be able to wait here at Hedgewood during surgery; we’ll call them when surgery is done with a time estimate as to when the patient is ready to go home.
- We won’t be using the Nitrous Oxide (the laughing gas) for injections, but we do have a new and much better numbing cream.
- We will use FaceTime and Zoom for routine post-op and follow-up visits when feasible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these changes alongside you and the rest of the world. If we learned anything from Katrina, we learned that when the world seems hopelessly messed up, it will work out. We will get through this.
Michael Moses, MD