Breast Augmentation Revision New Orleans
Breast Augmentation remains the most frequently done plastic surgery procedure in the country, but not all women are 100% satisfied with their implant choice or their results.
- Am I a candidate for breast implant revisionsurgery?
- What is breast implant revision recovery like?
- What kind of breast augmentation revision results can be expected?
Am I a candidate for breast implant revision surgery?
Any one of the following reasons may make you a candidate for revision of your breast implants:
- Dissatisfaction – a patient may simply wish to remove her implants because they no longer suit her lifestyle.
- Desire for a Size Change – a patient may wish to exchange her implants for smaller or larger implants; or to switch from saline to silicone implants, or to the new gummy bear implants.
- Capsular Contracture – sensitivity, infection, and bleeding that create internal scarring are among the known causes of capsular contracture, which presents as overly firm and spherical breasts that look and feel unnatural.
- Implant Malposition – poor placement of one or both implants can result in an unnatural appearance (too high, too close, too far apart, unequally placed).
- Rippling – rippling can occur when implants are placed in an area that lacks adequate soft tissue to cover the implant, especially with saline implants.
- Implant Leakage or Rupture – Breast implants can rupture. This can result in immediate deflation of saline implants, with obvious effects on a woman’s appearance, or slow deflation of silicone implants. In either case, leaking implants should be removed or replaced.
- Fear of breast implant associated lymphoma
What is breast implant revision recovery like?
If implants are only removed, pain will be minimal. If implants and capsules (scar tissue) are removed, the discomfort will be similar to the discomfort experienced after your initial augmentation. Post-operative discomfort should be controlled with oral medication. Within a couple of days you can shower and continue non-strenuous work. Strenuous activities and exercise may resume after 1 to 2 weeks.
What kind of breast augmentation revision results can be expected?
Having practiced for over 35 years, Dr. Moses has seen every patients conceivable complaint and problems from their prior breast augmentation. He knows that you originally sought breast augmentation to have a better figure, and Dr. Moses believes that’s what you deserve. Whether you seek a more dramatic breast augmentation, or want to “tweak” the appearance or comfort of previously enhanced breasts, we expect you should have exactly the look and feel that you want.