Pediatric Plastic Surgery New Orleans
In addition to cosmetic surgery, Dr. Moses dedicates a significant part of his time to the Cleft and Craniofacial Team at Children’s Hospital of New Orleans. Dr. Moses started the team in 1986; it’s now one of the largest teams in the country. Dr. Moses is well known for his work with children who are born with clefts and craniofacial abnormalities.
Dr. Moses understands that helping families and their children takes more than surgical skills. It is also important to consider the child’s emotional health, as well as to provide support for the family. For those reasons, the Children’s Hospital Cleft and Craniofacial Team is a great choice for families and their affected children. Dr. Moses and his fellow specialists can help children every step of the way – from surgery, to rehabilitation, to psychological issues, to speech therapy, to genetic counseling for the parents… their goal is to provide individualized, coordinated treatment. The team makes a long-term commitment to each child and their family.
Families enjoy the convenience of having all of the specialists they need in one location and at one time. The team generates a plan for each child and communicates that plan to the family, the child’s pediatrician, and all of the child’s other providers. The children will become familiar and comfortable with the hospital and staff.
The Children’s Hospital Cleft and Craniofacial Team includes the following specialists:
- Center Director: Gerhard S. Mundinger, MD, FAAP
- Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery: Michael Moses, MD; Sol Mundinger, MD, FAAP; Mark Stalder, MD; Mohamad Masoumy, MD; Olivia Dejean, PA, Brooklyn Schneider, PA
- Otolaryngology (ENT): Jairo Torres, MD, Kelly Smith, NP
- Neurosurgery: Jerome Volk, MD
- Oral Surgery: Brett King, DDS
- Pediatric Dentistry: Suzanne Fournier, DDS
- Speech Pathology: Patrice Haywood, M.Ed, CCC-SLP
- Genetics: Regina Zambrano, MD
- Audiology: Amanda Burkhardt, AuD, CCC-A; Amanda Giles, AuD, CCC-A
- Nursing: Mary Ellen Alexander, RN, MN, Team Coordinator
- Clinical Research: Silpa Sharma, MPH
- Pediatrician: G. Kyle Fulton, MD
- Social Services: Angelika Guidry, LMSW