Breast Implant Revision Surgery New Orleans, Louisiana
For some women in New Orleans, breast augmentation revision surgery is an opportunity to address dissatisfaction or complications from a previous breast augmentation.
Any one of the following feelings or conditions may indicate that you are a candidate for this procedure:
- Dissatisfaction – a patient may simply wish to remove her implants because they no longer suit her lifestyle.
- Desire for a Size Change – a patient may wish to exchange her implants for smaller or larger implants; or to switch from saline to a silicone implants, or vice versa.
- Capsular Contracture – sensitivity, infection, and bleeding that create internal scarring are among the known causes of capsular contracture, which presents as overly firm and spherical breasts that look unnatural.
- Implant Malposition – poor placement of one or both implants can result in an unnatural appearance (too high, too close, too far apart, unequally placed).
- Rippling – rippling can occur when implants are placed in an area that lacks adequate soft tissue to cover the implant, or with saline implants.
- Implant Leakage or Rupture – Breast implants can rupture. This can result in immediate deflation of saline implants, with obvious effects on a woman’s appearance, or slow deflation of silicone implants. In either case, leaking implants should be removed.
Recovery from Breast Implant Revision Surgery
If implants are only removed, pain will be minimal. If implants and capsules (scar tissue) are removed, the discomfort will be similar to the discomfort experienced after the initial augmentation procedure. Post-operative discomfort should be controlled with oral medication. Within one day you can shower and continue non-strenuous work. Strenuous work may resume after 1 to 2 weeks.
Intended Results of Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery – New Orleans
As a board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Moses knows how important it is to feel confident in your appearance and femininity. He knows that you originally sought breast augmentation to have a better figure, and Dr. Moses believes that’s what you deserve. Whether you seek a more dramatic breast augmentation, or want to “tweak” the appearance or comfort of previously enhanced breasts, we expect you’ll enjoy making the most your newly balanced, shapely, and proportionate breasts, exactly the size and shape you want.