Pediatric Plastic Surgery
In addition to cosmetic surgery, Dr. Moses dedicates a significant part of his time to the Cleft and Craniofacial Team at Children’s Hospital of New Orleans. Dr. Moses started the team in 1986; it’s now one of the largest teams in the country. Dr. Moses is well known for his work with children who are born with clefts and craniofacial abnormalities.
Dr. Moses understands that helping families and their children takes more than surgical skills. It is also important to consider the child’s emotional health, as well as to provide support for the family. For those reasons the Children’s Hospital Cleft and Craniofacial Team is a great choice for families and their affected children. Dr. Moses and his fellow specialists can help children every step of the way – from surgery, to rehabilitation, to psychological issues, to speech therapy, to genetic counseling for the parents… their goal is to provide individualized, coordinated treatment. The team makes a long-term commitment to each child and their parents.
The Cleft and Craniofacial Team treats children born with a wide range of facial abnormalities. Families enjoy the convenience of having all of the specialists they need in one location and at one time. The team generates a plan for each child and communicates that plan to the family, the child’s pediatrician, and all of the child’s other providers. The children will become familiar and comfortable with the hospital and staff.
The Children’s Hospital Cleft and Craniofacial Team includes the following specialists:
- Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery: Michael Moses, MD, Clinic Director; and Hugo St. Hilaire, MD
- Otolaryngology (ENT): Anita Jeyakumar, MD; Lawrence Simon, MD; and Michael Hagmann, MD
- Neurosurgery: Lori McBride, MD
- Orthodontist: William LeDoux, DDS; and Mark Coreil, DDS
- Oral Surgery: Demarcus Smith IV, DDS; and Michael Ferguson, DDS
- Pediatric Dentistry: Stephen Holmes, DDS; and Claudia Cavallino, DDS
- Speech Pathology: Patrice Haywood, M.Ed, CCC-SLP
- Genetics: Yves Lacassie, MD; Michael Marble, MD; and Regina Zambrano, MSD
- Audiology: Amanda Giles, MCD, CCC-A
- Nursing: Mary Ellen Alexander, RN, MN, Team Coordinator
- Social Services: Roxanne Stegall, GSW
Learn more about the Cleft and Craniofacial Team at Children’s Hospital of New Orleans
Pediatric Patient Photos
Some of our patients and their parents have generously permitted us to share their results on our website. We hope you find the photos on the link below inspiring. Click on any of the before and after images below to see a larger version.